UCI rules are partially translated into Finnish in the Finnish Cycling Union’s website (Swedish translation is coming) and into Swedish (with Swedish national adaptations) at the Swedish Cycling Federation website. The Finnish national adaptations applies in Käringsundsloppet.
The open classes has less strict directives but the following rules apply to all classes in the race:
- The participant must wear a officially approved helmet during the whole race and have a safe two-wheel bike with functioning brakes.
- No recumbent bikes are allowed (dispensation can be given in exceptional cases, please contact the organizer).
- Bikes with tempo and triathlon handlebars, extra frames (barends are allowed in all classes) and/ or completely covered wheels are allowed at the three time trials races at the 170km- distance. These are also allowed on Sunday, if they start and cycle last in the group.
Electric bikes are also welcome on Sunday!
- All distances take place on public roads that are not closed to other traffic during the event. Participants shall follow general traffic rules at intersection with rights of way or mandatory stop unless traffic wardens stop the traffic.
Consideration should be shown to all road users, instructions from organizers and traffic wardens shall be followed.
- Car/ motorcycle is driving in front of the competition classes to make other road users aware of the ongoing cycle race.
Also the open classes have a car driving in front of them for about 1km. Participants must under no circumstances pass these cars.
- To prevent other traffic and for long periods ride on the oncoming traffic lane is prohibited.
- Bicycle path recommended to be used where it is possible, especially in the open classes.
- No own escortcars or depots are allowed. Unregistered cyclists are not allowed to follow the participants along the routes.
- Participants are not allowed to use phone (calls, messeges, photographing) when sitting on the bike. If you want to use the phone you step off the bike and walk away from the road for not affecting the safety during the race.
- It is not allowed to listen to music on headphones during the race because attention to the other participants and other road users will suffer.
- Juniors under 12 years old must have an adult companion during the whole route.
- Violation of the rules, trafficrules and deviation from route can lead to disqualification.
By signing me for the race and paying the participation fee I agree to the contest rules and give my consent to the organizer to publish my (or my childs) name, serie/class, compound and nationality on participant,- start- and resultlists. Participation in Käringsundsloppet is at your own risk. The Organizer is not responsible for any accidents that may occur during the competition. A accident insurance is recommended. The Organizers have the right to photograph and film the participants during the event and has the right to use the material in their own marketing. The Organizer has the right to send information about our events 2023-2024
The Government of Åland´s flyer about rules when Biking in Åland you can find here:Cykla på Åland SV-EN